Wednesday, September 2, 2015

August Ulta Haul!

I've been wanting to pick up the new Urban Decay Naked Smoky palette and have been saving an Ulta gift card for months until its release! The purchase got put on the back-burner with some other things we had going on, so about two weeks ago I finally pulled the trigger and my pretties arrived! 

Ulta.com had two great promotions going on so I decided to take advantage of it! With any $25 online purchase, you got a 9-piece beauty bag and with any $19.50 Ulta Cosmetics purchase, you got a 15-piece gift featuring Ulta Cosmetics. 

I have used some store-brand cosmetics from Ulta before and they are admittedly hit or miss. But I have just watched Tati (from Youtube) talk about how she loved the Ulta Shiny Sheer lipglosses, so I picked up two. I decided to choose a pink glitter top coat (it reads champagne in the pictures but its on the pink side for sure). So this was my haul and it totaled with gift card and discounts $57.78. Pretty good when you consider that the Naked Smoky palette itself is $54!




I love the range of colors in the palette and I'm excited to get to know it. I'll have a review on my Lauriana Cosmetics blog soon! (Yes, Lauriana Cosmetics is still in full effect and will have regular blog posts coming soon! Stay tuned!)


I chose the Amethyst beauty bag and seriously, the only thing this bag is missing is foundation! You'd be able to do a full face with it and then some! I received four small eyeshadow palettes and one blush/highlighter duo. These are really great to keep as stocking stuffers, beef up birthday/Christmas gifts or makeup nights with your nieces!  



The 15-piece bag also included Mineral Lip Gloss, a full size lipstick and a mini-size nail polish in berry colors - perfect for fall! There was also a full size mascara, brow tint, a dual ended eyeliner with black and brown and three travel size makeup brushes! The blush brush and the eyeshadow brush were so soft! I'm excited to give them a try. 



.

The 9-piece beauty bag came with four small samples of Urban Decay lipstick (that Shepherd tore apart - sorry!) I only have the little pans to show you.  A sample of Jergens Natural Glow gradual tan lotion, Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal (I'm so excited for this sample!), a perfume sample by Michael Kors and a serum from Philosophy called no reason to hide. 


Also included was the cutest bottle EVER of Dolce & Gabbana perfume (look at that flower cap! Adorable), Brazilian Bomb Shell lotion, Mario Badescu Hyluronic Eye Cream, and Ahava Purifying Mud Mask which I'm really excited to try! This baby I'm growing is definitely jacking with my skin so I've been really into masks right now!




And like I mentioned, the Urban Decay lipstick samples. I received their lip gloss samples (I think) in an Ipsy bag and I didn't like them. Hoping I like these better! The samples were Matte Stark Naked, Sheer Liar, Bang and Venom. If you've never gotten samples like this before, a lip brush is your best friend. You can also use a bobby pin to close the sample so it doesn't dry out before you use it again!



All in all, I definitely think it was a good deal. I've already started Christmas shopping (I know I'm crazy) so some of these will be added with those gifts and some I'll try out for my beauty blog. Have you tried or bought any of these products? What do you think of them?

Do tell!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for posting at Embrace the Crazy!

We love making new friends and we love comments.

However, this is a drama-free zone. As much as we love crazy, we don't love THAT kind of crazy.

We reserve the right to zap any mean, hurtful, or snarky comments right off the internet never to be seen again! (Bwa-ha-ha.) But, we sure do love constructive criticism and some helpful ideas and opinions! Can't wait to hear yours! :)