Wednesday, October 14, 2015

My 28th Birthday and 10 Year High School Reunion. I'm old.

I turned 28 this year! I feel old and like a kid, all at once. We celebrated my birthday on the 6th, because Bryan had worship practice on the evening of my actual birthday. We had all of our immediate family and close friends over for a little barbeque. Totally last minute. Bryan actually planned and invited everyone with only about 24 hours until show time. But almost everyone came and it was extremely low key. Just my kind of party!

Bryan asked what I wanted for my birthday and I said that it would be amazing to start my day with a crumb cake doughnut and a Java Heaven coffee, have lunch with him and Shepherd on my break, and then go see a movie that night. That is exactly what happened! Bryan got up and took Shepherd to get the doughnuts and coffee while I got ready and then brought my Cisneros tacos for lunch! He also gave me my birthday gift - tickets to see Britney Spears in Las Vegas in a few weeks!!! If I hadn't been at work I would have been squealing with excitement.



I made plans for the night of my actual birthday to go out to dinner and a movie with my sisters. We went to Tommy's in Visalia (their calamari is amazing) and then went to see The Intern at the downtown theater. It was so. stinking. good. I loved it. Robert De Niro was incredible in it. He kept reminding us of our Dad. Anne Hathaway did a great job too!

I don't have a lot pictures from the actual day, but I had an amazing birthday this year. It was sweet and simple with lots of family time!

 The next day was my 10 year high school reunion, which I made Denise come up for! I haven't gone out with Bryan in so long, it was so great to have a proper date with him. I like that guy. :)





I saw a lot of old friends and caught up with a few I see on social media and not in real life. It was great to hear everyone's stories! I didn't get many pictures (the three bottom ones are from Denise) because I've really been trying to stay off my phone and be in the moment at events. This is good, but it also means I capture less. I'm still trying to find the right balance! 





I had such an amazing week, but it wasn't over yet. My Sprinkle was just two days away and it really put the cherry on top of the whole week!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for posting at Embrace the Crazy!

We love making new friends and we love comments.

However, this is a drama-free zone. As much as we love crazy, we don't love THAT kind of crazy.

We reserve the right to zap any mean, hurtful, or snarky comments right off the internet never to be seen again! (Bwa-ha-ha.) But, we sure do love constructive criticism and some helpful ideas and opinions! Can't wait to hear yours! :)